Game 4 of the Stanley Cup finals has Tampa at Chicago with the Blackhawks a prohibitive -160 favorite and a total of 5.5. The line is as high as -165 at many of the top offshore sportsbooks, well up from the opener of -152. Public betting trends has 73 percent of those who bet on the game, taking Chicago, with 61 percent staking on the over.
Fresh off showing exactly what being a professional gambler looks like, Joe Duffy’s Picks of OffshoreInsiders.com has some betting notes in MLB. This is in addition to the pitching daily fantasy sports and baseball handicapping video with SBR Forum.
• Chicago White Sox are 4-25 for -22.5 units this season against a team that has gone 10 straight or more games with one or fewer errors
• San Diego has gone over 15-2 to a team with a bullpen ERA under .300 In their last 10 games
• White Sox Jose Quintana is 5-12 as favorite the last two years -10.2 units
David Banks-USA TODAY Sports
• Texas is 8-1 on the road to AL pitchers with an ERA of 4.00 or better this season. That is for +11.8 units
• Atlanta has gone over 20-5 off a win
• Oakland is a pitiful 5-19 for -18.5 units after their bullpen allowed zero runs in the last game
If I said Joe Duffy’s Picks is having another typical year in baseball, that would be great news for gamblers and horrid for bookies. But thanks to winning days 15-of-21 in baseball (two of them just losing juice, another 0-1) it is now slightly better than what we do ever year and much better than what 97 percent of handicappers (most of them tout frauds) will ever achieve. Overall, it is seven winning days the last eight at OffshoreInsiders.com