It is Game 4 of the NBA finals odds between the Cleveland Cavaliers and the Golden State Warriors. Golden State is (-2.5) on the road with a total of 193. After checking multiple databases, sports betting experts believe this is the first time in history a team has lost two straight NBA finals games and is a road favorite.
Nevertheless 59 percent of bets against the spread have been placed on Golden State with a stunning 70 percent expecting an over as this total continues to plummet each game. Insofar as this contest, the side and total remain steady from the opener.
Cleveland has covered 6-of-8, with the two setbacks by a combined seven. The average margin of cover is just above 10 points per game during that span, called by some the sweat barometer.
Golden State has gone under 12-3 the last 15, seven by double-digits. The Warriors are still tops in the postseason in terms of net rating with 7.9. Cleveland is second at 7.2. Net rating is the difference between offensive and defensive ratings points per 100 possessions.
Spread trends (all records against the spread): Cleveland 15-3 to West.
Over/under angles: Golden State under 7-0 off spread loss, under 10-4 road. Cleveland under 37-17 on one day rest.
Joe Duffy’s Picks continues to dominate NHL, NBA, and especially MLB at OffshoreInsiders.com
Now to some MLB trends and DFS notes for Thursday:
• Texas 7-0 road to AL starting pitcher with an ERA of 3.50 or better for +11.4 units
• Baltimore 26-6 under to AL starting pitcher with ERA of 4.00 to 4.70. That record is over the last two years
• San Diego’s Andrew Cashner has allowed a combined 12 earned runs on 19 hits in his last two starts
• Seattle JA Happ 3.31 ERA, including 3.09 his last five starts. He is 2-0 with a 1.89 ERA in four career outings vs. Cleveland
• Miami David Phelps at home 0-1 with a 5.50 ERA in five games
Chris Humphreys-USA TODAY Sports
• Angels Garrett Richards 8.01 ERA last three and struggled in last four
• Mets Jon Niese 7.96 ERA over his last five starts
• Milwaukee Matt Garza turning it around. Despite 5.09 ERA overall, it is 3.18 last three starts